Gallery

Wednesday 18 April 2012

LOTRO: The art of burning things


A little pyromaniac

Fireworks! My little warden woke up in Bree after a long winter sleep and saw the sky turn all colours of the rainbow. Half of Middle-earth seemed to have gathered at the north gate of Bree and was blasting big colourful things into the sky. Okay, perhaps I'm exaggerating, but it certainly seemed like a lot of people for such a small hobbit as Cicely.

It wasn't long before the pyromaniac in me awoke, and I was burning things myself. This was fun! 

I'm not sure for how long setting off fireworks is going to be entertaining, as everything gets boring if you have to do it for hours to gain tokens, but the idea certainly is good. All that fireworks really was looking gorgeous!

The only thing I was disappointed at was that following the orders of quest-givers didn't result in cool combo's. I would've wanted to see flowers, or dragons! 

Yup, things certainly were better when Gandalf was still around...

Staring into the sky taught me that watching fireworks is much like watching clouds, though: if you look long enough, you will always see what you are looking for!




Character portraits

The reason I was logging my warden in the first place was because I wanted to see the new character portraits. You can now choose to customize your character portrait depending on how many years you have been playing. Each year apparently gives you a silver leaf, as you can see on the picture to the right. I must say I much prefer the look of the one leaf of Cicely over the four of Ravanel though - the latter just looks weird. I guess it looks nice again when you have played so many years that your whole portrait gets surrounded. I'm not sure if we'll get that far though, as I saw someone walking around with the gold leafed portrait above. My guess is that he has been playing for five years.

No comments :

Post a Comment

You can insert links, images and videos to your comment using these tricks.